Daily Challenge Daily May 1

April's over, time to bring out more lenses.
DSC03472_ILCE-6400_1_1600_4.0_1600_200.0 mm_FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I can't promise this will happen on a regular basis, but this image presented itself just outside my cottage earlier this morning as the rain cleared and the sun broke through the clouds.

200501-R8701283-21mm.JPG

An Ash tree breaks into leaf (21mm Voigtlander Color-Skopar)

Converted to monochrome from an in camera jpeg using mono mixer in GIMP, Red +92%, Green +33%, Blue -25%

Barrie

Day 01. I jumped bail and dropped off a couple of Amazon returns. Then, since I was already violating my parole, I walked a couple miles more just for good measure!!
I wore a mask. But sadly only about 30% of those I saw were wearing masks.

The paths were actually busy. I had to wait to get this shot of a lonely bench near the Monument Valley hiking trail between downtown and the Colorado College campus. I was one of 4 people I saw on the trail with masks.
01-5010015.jpg

Okay. Why not? I'm in....but my schedule for this 'Merrye Monthe of Maye' may be a bit hectic because of my ongoing writing projects, so it may be a challenge for me. Also, just for a change (variety is the spice of life n'est-ce pas?) I am am temporarily abandoning the Pen F, with its cool 15mm PanaLeica glass, and switching to a slightly wider FOV - the 28mm lens of my semi-ancient Ricoh GRDiii. (Although I am reserving the option to switch to the 28mm lens of another Ricoh that is coming my way, but at least I will stay consistent with the 28mm field-of-view.)

My writing office is cluttered with books, scripts, more books and quite a few smallish toys and action figures. These two tiny ancient Japanese Godzillas are squirreled away in front of a stack of ancient scripts (back from the long-forgotten analog days when pages were printed and not PDF'ed).

GRD_May1_Tiny_Godzillas.jpg

And somehow Godzilla, a mutated monster spawned from nuclear waste, seems a good way to start May - so as not to forget that we human bipeds have a way of complicating our own lives.

Last edited:
Back