Daily Challenge Daily May 10

Friday, Saturday, Sunday ... Monday
P1024883.1-tile.JPG

I'm almost certain I won't be able to do any shooting or posting during the next 24 hours or so, so I'm taking the liberty of posting a picture I took in the late afternoon of May 9th, but have only just now processed at the metaphorical midnight hour. It was taken in a local (southern Oregon) supermarket where most older customers were devoutly following pandemic guidelines and wearing masks, though a surprising number of younger shoppers were not. But what caught my attention was the lifelike bust of this mannequin's head, serving as a model for - wouldn't you know it?! - Corona-virus masks that were for sale.

Which is a good thing, obviously ... but at the same time, I can't help thinking there are some between-the-lines subtle layers of irony in the whole deal. Be that as it may, my mannequin was a cooperative subject and held still for just the right framing---

GRII_May9_Dawn_Masked_SuperM_Dummy(PosFilm).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This was taken with the GRii's in-camera Positive Film 'effect' which seems to favor warmer tones. Someone commented this colour balance reminded them of Ektar, but I'm not enough of a negative film shooter to say, one way or the other.

Last edited:
I'm almost certain I won't be able to do any shooting or posting during the next 24 hours or so, so I'm taking the liberty of posting a picture I took in the late afternoon of May 9th, but have only just now processed at the metaphorical midnight hour. It was taken in a local (southern Oregon) supermarket where most older customers were devoutly following pandemic guidelines and wearing masks, though a surprising number of younger shoppers were not. But what caught my attention was the lifelike bust of this mannequin's head, serving as a model for - wouldn't you know it?! - Corona-virus masks that were for sale.

Which is a good thing, obviously ... but at the same time, I can't help thinking there are some between-the-lines subtle layers of irony in the whole deal. Be that as it may, my mannequin was a cooperative subject and held still for just the right framing---

View attachment 222608

This was taken with the GRii's in-camera Positive Film 'effect' which seems to favor warmer tones. Someone commented this colour balance reminded them of Ektar, but I'm not enough of a negative film shooter to say, one way or the other.
I wonder if this will become a fashion statement. There is a small company in Vermont called Beau Ties from whom I buy my ties. They started making masks out of their bow tie material for $12. So far they have sold thousands and are sold out hours after posting the email. It has evidently saved their business. They are always sold out by the time I get to them.

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers on this thread and this forum!! Thank you for everything you have done for all the rest of us. Here is my image for today.Actually an idea from elsewhere, but in my small tabletop space, it worked, so I went with it.

My father's old pocketwatch.
10-P5100031.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Actually, this was the 14-150 with a Raynox 150 on the front of it. Pretty good combo for 75-100 mm shooting at about 1:2 magnification.

Last edited:
Back