Daily Challenge Daily May 11

I will cheat and post my Day 11 photo one hour and 10 minutes before the actual start of Day 11. Already posted my Day 10 photo and am unlikely to get a better photo later on.

full

Cheers,

Antonio

Insomnia again. 3 AM work sessions can be productive, but are not my preference. Here we see the first fitting of the baritone cigar box ukulele neck. Lots of sanding left before I can start applying the finishing layers. The much smaller soprano next to it is finished. I'm just waiting for the strings I ordered to arrive.

baritone.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In southern Oregon the weather has pendulumed back to cool and cloudy from horribly hot the day before - cool enough to do a little overdue yard work. A friend came over to help with turning a pile of branches into wood-chips, but the chipper went on the fritz. Fortunately, Chris has mechanical smarts and, as I took this picture, he was just putting the repaired wood-chipper back together again--

GRII_May11_Wood_chipper#7.jpg

Day 11. I actually went out looking for "Street Art" to post for today. I finally found a lovely mural, but then just a half block away, I found this in the parking lot of the library. It is part of a whole wall of tile and sculpture above the parking spaces for the library. I wanted to include part of the library as well, just 'cause.

11-P5110024.jpg

Can I just sort of sneak in here after the first third of the month is over? I wanted a break after the April challenge, but looking over all your awesome work has me wanting to get back into a daily practice, at least for a while. I submit this one as my offering to please the council... We went and looked at a house this evening, a fixer-upper which is probably too ambitious of an idea ...

R0004631.JPG

I love this photograph, Karen.
And pardon my ignorance but I have to ask - what - or from where - is the image in your 'background art' (which, by the way, is soooo cool - and so à propos for the thematic content of your image)?
The backdrop photograph is by the American photographer Joel Peter Witkin. The photograph is called Un Santo Oscuro. He’s one of the most controversial artists of his time due to the subjects and ‘props’ he has used to create his art. I understand he‘s never worked from a computer - always film. The man in the picture was a thalidomide victim born without skin, without arms, without legs, without hair, without eye lashes. His face is like a mask.

Can I just sort of sneak in here after the first third of the month is over? I wanted a break after the April challenge, but looking over all your awesome work has me wanting to get back into a daily practice, at least for a while. I submit this one as my offering to please the council.
Not that I belong to the powers that be, but it's great to see you here! Matt @MoonMind please don't be too hard on him :D

Back