Daily Challenge Daily May 13

Gluing a fan brace on a baritone ukulele soundboard.

DSCF0165.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Gluing a fan brace on a baritone ukulele soundboard.

View attachment 222864
Fan bracing has been used by Taylor in the latest top models (mine has still x-bracing). That's one of the reasons these new guitars sound even better than the best did before. This bracing seems to make the top of the guitar vibrate even more intensely and thus enhance the sound quality.

Last edited:
Another overcast, gray and windy day in Oregon.

The kind of day where one is content to sit sipping one's triple espresso. And pore over an ancient edition of Edgar Allan Poe whose pages must be turned with care to avoid further exacerbating the the toll of time.

But my small Where the Wild Things Are stuffed monster has no such compunctions. And I can almost imagine Poe appreciating Sendak, if he were able to voyage forwards a century or so.

GRD_May13_Wild_monster_Poe.jpg

May 13th. I went out again; brazenly looking for street art to share with you. I came across several nice examples as I wandered downtown Colorado Springs. Even spent a couple minutes with a classic Chevy pickup in front of the City Glass company building. But this was my favorite shot of the session. I hope you enjoy the lonely benches, the healing arts (where the city got it's start), and the juxtaposition of new and old styles. The Pioneer Museum of Colorado Springs.

13-P5130036.jpg

Back