Daily Challenge Daily May 2

I had to search for him on the internet because I had forgotten his name. I brought him home from Prague a few years ago. His name is Spejbl. You can read his story here: Spejbl and Hurvínek - Wikipedia

You can’t go to Prague and not find yourself browsing the puppet/marionette shops or seeing a marionette show. It’s like going to Blackpool and not getting your teeth stuck into a stick of rock. Impossible.

THANK YOU, Karen!
I read up about Spejbl - the incompetent-slash-nerdy-teacher-slash-father - and his occasionally-lazy-and-occasionally-hyperactive son, Hurvínek --- great characters! Then I spent a bit of time watching some of their videos on YouTube which, alas, spoken in Czech, were tricky to follow precisely - except you sort of get the basic picture, anyway.

I did find one Spejbl & Huvínek video however which requires neither subtitles nor translation - of the two them performing a musical number! It's actually rather cute --

So...one mystery solved! The only problem now is, once the Corona travel restrictions are loosened, I am going to have to make a pilgrimage to Blackpool....to experience Blackpool rock in all its frightening sticky immediacy. Damn. 😛

Back