Daily Challenge Daily May 2

My reading glasses. Laid aside, in a moment of temporary near-sightedness...

GRII_May2_reading_glasses.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Visiting my Ex's for our son's 18th "Gotcha" day - the anniversary of his adoption when he was just shy of 4 months old in Phan Thiet, Vietnam. No pictures of him allowed today :D so we'll make due with a view off the back deck.
DSC_1345.JPG

He's a senior in high school and, with the lockdown has been given a digital photography class. I'm giving his mom and him my D3200 and 18-55 VRII so he'll be set for that.

2020 May 02. Went for another walk specifically looking for an image to share here. Thank you for this thread, I'm trying to make it my "daily assignment" imagining all of you as my editors and looking for an image that will catch your eye.

About 2 blocks from home I found what I wanted for today's image. There is no "Outtakes" thread, so the other 2 selections will simply wither on the wires.

Can we post multiple images for a day? I thought the idea was only one per day. I will go back and reread the rules.
02-5020001.jpg

Nope. I was right. One image per day. The idea is to get out and produce an image every day - or as close to it as you want. No requirements or commitments other than that.

I love this photograph. And the physiognomy of this individual. But-- and it's embarrassing to admit my own ignorance but I will-- Who is this? It almost looks like a stylized mix between Pinocchio and a juvenile version of Superman's bald nemesis, Lex Luthor --- but I know that can't be, so...

Please shed some light on my woeful ignorance, Karen... ¡Muchas gracias!

I'm confused, it's still May 2nd where I'm at, should I post here or post in May 3rd? :eek:

My daughter and I came up with concept for one her creative art assignments. She's posing up as a mystery anti-viral huntress in the wild post apocalyptic future!

View attachment 221618
Always pick your own date - the one that's on your watch, phone or calendar the day you take the image. It's about shooting daily, not just posting daily.

2020 May 02. Went for another walk specifically looking for an image to share here. Thank you for this thread, I'm trying to make it my "daily assignment" imagining all of you as my editors and looking for an image that will catch your eye.

About 2 blocks from home I found what I wanted for today's image. There is no "Outtakes" thread, so the other 2 selections will simply wither on the wires.

Can we post multiple images for a day? I thought the idea was only one per day. I will go back and reread the rules.
View attachment 221620

Nope. I was right. One image per day. The idea is to get out and produce an image every day - or as close to it as you want. No requirements or commitments other than that.
Correct! I post anything else I want to show in other threads - no outtakes for this one, and since there are no special rules in place, no philosopical discussions, just images. It's a matter of keeping it going - for the sake of the experience, and of course the images. I plan to try and make this work indefinitely - ambitious, but again: Why not?

M.

I love this photograph. And the physiognomy of this individual. But-- and it's embarrassing to admit my own ignorance but I will-- Who is this? It almost looks like a stylized mix between Pinocchio and a juvenile version of Superman's bald nemesis, Lex Luthor --- but I know that can't be, so...

Please shed some light on my woeful ignorance, Karen... ¡Muchas gracias!

I had to search for him on the internet because I had forgotten his name. I brought him home from Prague a few years ago. His name is Spejbl. You can read his story here: Spejbl and Hurvínek - Wikipedia

You can’t go to Prague and not find yourself browsing the puppet/marionette shops or seeing a marionette show. It’s like going to Blackpool and not getting your teeth stuck into a stick of rock. Impossible.

Back