Daily May 21

tonyturley

Legend
Real Name
Tony
A shooting board and a long plane are used to true the edge of a fretboard blank prior to cutting fret slots. The slot locations will be marked now that the edge is straight.

P5210015.JPG

wee-pics

All-Pro
Real Name
Walter
Thought I'd show over a couple of days why I like this lens for flower shots, too.
In spite of its sharpness it leaves the petals a soft, gentle and airy touch. Its quality is astounding at f=1.8 already, but one must be careful to open a few stops when one gets very close in order to get enough DOF.
P5182857.4.jpg

Last edited:

agentlossing

Top Veteran
S. Oregon Coast (the Northernmost-Cal of them All)
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
My father turns 60 on Sunday. He's been a farmer and beekeeper his whole life, and I first learned about Red Wing boots from him, as a kid. I have a pair I have owned for over five years, that has held up well enough that I decided to buy my dad a pair as a birthday gift. Juxtaposed the old with the new: these are quality.

R0004724.JPG

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
In Oregon today after several days of cold and rainy weather, it got a little warmer today...almost warm enough to ride my Vespa scooter.
But it was definitely warm enough for another two-wheeler bad boy to come outside and hit the metaphoric road...

View attachment 223578

He hasn't been seen, since.
What's it like doing the ton on a Vespa? 🛵 :eek-54:

Last edited:

MiguelATF

Hall of Famer
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
What's it like doing the ton on a Vespa? 🛵 :eek-54:

As I'm guessing you may know, most scooter speedometers (and that includes Vespa's) are both notoriously optimistic - and notoriously inaccurate, as well. My Vespa has a 250cc engine and will cruise comfortable at around 70 mph - but I've never really taken it above that: I'm more of a "go slower and smell the roses" kind of scooterista :)

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom