Daily Challenge Daily May 21

A shooting board and a long plane are used to true the edge of a fretboard blank prior to cutting fret slots. The slot locations will be marked now that the edge is straight.

P5210015.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thought I'd show over a couple of days why I like this lens for flower shots, too.
In spite of its sharpness it leaves the petals a soft, gentle and airy touch. Its quality is astounding at f=1.8 already, but one must be careful to open a few stops when one gets very close in order to get enough DOF.
P5182857.4.jpg

Last edited:
My father turns 60 on Sunday. He's been a farmer and beekeeper his whole life, and I first learned about Red Wing boots from him, as a kid. I have a pair I have owned for over five years, that has held up well enough that I decided to buy my dad a pair as a birthday gift. Juxtaposed the old with the new: these are quality.

R0004724.JPG

In Oregon today after several days of cold and rainy weather, it got a little warmer today...almost warm enough to ride my Vespa scooter.
But it was definitely warm enough for another two-wheeler bad boy to come outside and hit the metaphoric road...

GRII_May22_Dino_biker_Vespa_Speedometer(XP).jpg

He hasn't been seen, since.

In Oregon today after several days of cold and rainy weather, it got a little warmer today...almost warm enough to ride my Vespa scooter.
But it was definitely warm enough for another two-wheeler bad boy to come outside and hit the metaphoric road...

View attachment 223578

He hasn't been seen, since.
What's it like doing the ton on a Vespa? 🛵 :eek-54:

Last edited:
What's it like doing the ton on a Vespa? 🛵 :eek-54:

As I'm guessing you may know, most scooter speedometers (and that includes Vespa's) are both notoriously optimistic - and notoriously inaccurate, as well. My Vespa has a 250cc engine and will cruise comfortable at around 70 mph - but I've never really taken it above that: I'm more of a "go slower and smell the roses" kind of scooterista :)

Back