Daily Challenge Daily May 23

Name
Matt
Researching these numbers can be fun - or scary; I suggest you do "23" for yourselves ...

This, however, was nice ...

23worksheet.PNG

Apart from the approach, I really like the Tuxes ...

M.

Researching these numbers can be fun - or scary; I suggest you do "23" for yourselves ...

This, however, was nice ...

View attachment 223688

Apart from the approach, I really like the Tuxes ...

M.
Many kids love and need this kind of working with the numbers. When a friend of ours asked my son in the first year at primary school what he'd get if he had three apples and she gave him four more his answer was quick and to the point: "seven, but you can leave away the apples."

Last edited:
There are those who prefer to take their coffee in the morning straight, black, with no cream, milk, or sugar. None of that fancy high-fallutin' café au lait, or café con leche.

Then there are those who, like myself, are not opposed to a small splash of cow juice along with their morning dose of caffeine.

Lastly there are those who don't care about the coffee at all...all they seem to want is a sizable snort of 'morning milk'--

GRDiii_Maiy23_Morning_Milk(B&W).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Obviously Wallace - and his one-time nemesis, the evil Penguin-disgised-as-a-Chicken, both fit into this last category.

A wonderful 'capture', Steve!
One almost gets the feeling that you went out on an insect Safari this morning ;) this is a truly great shot.
They were in a driveway on the side of the road near a puddle. I’ve seen these groupings before but not where I could get close. Then, of course, three cars and a FedEx truck come by and scattered them. On the way back they had reconvened and I could get about five feet away with the 60. Plenty of light and I took about 50 shots. The ones with some in flight just didn’t look good, but the butterflies on the ground were pretty chill about me getting close. It was really fun.

They were in a driveway on the side of the road near a puddle. I’ve seen these groupings before but not where I could get close. Then, of course, three cars and a FedEx truck come by and scattered them. On the way back they had reconvened and I could get about five feet away with the 60. Plenty of light and I took about 50 shots. The ones with some in flight just didn’t look good, but the butterflies on the ground were pretty chill about me getting close. It was really fun.
Probably licking up some sort of mineral, most likely salt, as a dietary supplement.

Barrie

There are those who prefer to take their coffee in the morning straight, black, with no cream, milk, or sugar. None of that fancy high-fallutin' café au lait, or café con leche.

Then there are those who, like myself, are not opposed to a small splash of cow juice along with their morning dose of caffeine.

Lastly there are those who don't care about the coffee at all...all they seem to want is a sizable snort of 'morning milk'--

View attachment 223799

Obviously Wallace - and his one-time nemesis, the evil Penguin-disgised-as-a-Chicken, both fit into this last category.
There's something shady about that chicken.... I wouldn't trust him quite yet.

This is the most interesting depiction of Saint Francis of Assisi that I can remember. The eyes are closed and the head tilted upwards, he is holding flowers and what appears to be a cane.

It got me an interesting discussion with the owner who splits time between Colorado and backwoods Argentina - a lifestyle I am trying to get to.

23-P5230033.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back