Daily Challenge Daily May 29

It’s a slippery slope. I speak from experience. Very cool Timex!

Slippery slope indeed.
You can only wear one watch at a time, and yet you start collecting them.
Since my youth I've been fascinated by those wonders of mechanics produced in Switzerland and elsewhere. I got my first automatic when I was fourteen. The last one I bought ten years ago is still an automatic, no batteries, with weekday, date, month and moonphase. A wonderful technical achievement.

Attachments

• Ingersoll Pawnee 1.jpg
    Ingersoll Pawnee 1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 238
  • Ingersoll Pawnee 2.jpg
    Ingersoll Pawnee 2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 236
Tony seems to be as lost as you, Steve. Sorry, I should've given a hint.
It's the still deserted place that under normal conditions would be crowded with pupils' bikes.
I just liked the abstraction of the b&w version of the shot. For more clarity I attached the original.
My initial thoughts were it might be a parking area for bikes, but it does look much different than what I've seen in my community, so I wasn't certain.

My initial thoughts were it might be a parking area for bikes, but it does look much different than what I've seen in my community, so I wasn't certain.
They look different everywhere here in Germany. Sometimes I get the impression that there is a contest of creating the cutest of these stands.
But isn't that the nice thing about human brains that we get such a diversity in every-day objects.

Back