Daily Challenge Daily May 29

The little ukulele neck has now been fully carved and sanded. Lots of wood removed over the past couple of days to get the neck profile to what I wanted. Now to a task I find most difficult: installing the frets.

P5290001.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like the shot, but what am I looking at?
Tony seems to be as lost as you, Steve. Sorry, I should've given a hint.
It's the still deserted place that under normal conditions would be crowded with pupils' bikes.
I just liked the abstraction of the b&w version of the shot. For more clarity I attached the original.

Last edited:
It’s a slippery slope. I speak from experience. Very cool Timex!
Know thyself, says the philosopher... and I know that I have a habit of pursuing quality that often exceeds my needs! I like watches that serve multiple styles and uses, and sort of let the timepieces that show up in Huckberry's online store influence my style choices, as their product curation is very reliable. I am still on the hunt for a really nice dive watch with a steel bracelet that would serve all the way from dressed up to working in the backyard or garage. This Timex, besides being made from good materials, stood out to me as being a great marriage of form and function, even though field watches aren't particularly my thing.

Know thyself, says the philosopher... and I know that I have a habit of pursuing quality that often exceeds my needs! I like watches that serve multiple styles and uses, and sort of let the timepieces that show up in Huckberry's online store influence my style choices, as their product curation is very reliable. I am still on the hunt for a really nice dive watch with a steel bracelet that would serve all the way from dressed up to working in the backyard or garage. This Timex, besides being made from good materials, stood out to me as being a great marriage of form and function, even though field watches aren't particularly my thing.
For a nice dive watch for cheap, go Seiko. Otherwise, for a bit more money, Tudor Black Bay 58. And for quite a bit more money, Rolex Submariner or Omega Seamaster.

For a nice dive watch for cheap, go Seiko. Otherwise, for a bit more money, Tudor Black Bay 58. And for quite a bit more money, Rolex Submariner or Omega Seamaster.
Seikos look nice, and are more in my budget. I've been hankering after a Vostok too, the slightly janky, primitive Soviet scuba guy watches seem quite charming. That might be my next purchase.

Had to spend most of the day driving across a chunk of Oregon, along the Interstate freeway.
Stopped at an excellent little taco restaurant which originated in southern California, close to the border with Mexico. The food was excellent - takeout only, because of the ongoing Covid quarantine - but when I strolled around behind the inconspicuous little place, I saw the gleaming Cadillac Escalade SUV which, apparently, belongs to the owners--

GRDiii_May29_Aiberto's_Cadillac.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Moral of the story: the taco business may be a good business to be in.

Technical note: taken with the best camera I happened to have with me - also the tiniest and most eminently pocketable - my tiny Ricoh GRDiii :)

Back