Daily Challenge Daily May 3

Thickness sanding is a messy business. I paused often while sanding this ukulele top to run the shop vac. A respirator is essential, especially with a toxic wood like Western Red Cedar.

May 3.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some time ago I did 4x5 for awhile. I enjoyed it tremendously but after moving away from Madison to the Wild North Country I stopped. Darkroom work is difficult at best and printing essentially impossible in my trailer. But I had this really nice field camera I'd built on the shell of a Crown Graphic - full front movements, cleaned up, pulled the shattered rangefinder, etc. So I hacked up a film holder with a m4/3 to Nikon F adaptor that I put at the center of the film back. Unfortunately, I have sold all my functional m4/3 gear - the one attached to my hackery has a busted back screen - so I have to pick up another cheap E-PL1 or the like to use it again.

The lens is a Bauch & Lomb licensed Tessar from 1912 - 1914 F/6.3 and just beautiful. I have it rigged to a Polaroid MP-4 shutter. But talk about crop sensors! That's a 5x8 coverage lens (~ 240mm focal length) onto a m4/3 sensor :rofl: I also have a nice "wide angle" Ektar 127 I use with it.

View attachment 221814
We NEED to see photos from this rig. Please!

Day 3. Sunday. Breakfast with friends!!! Yay!!! Just like adults gathering together!! We were very careful to wear masks and keep distance - mostly. But at least got to 'hang out with my crew'.
Later, I took a short walk, just for the exercise... Just around my own neighborhood... The quiet, family part of town I live in... down an alley I have been down many times before ... and what do I find? An untold mystery... with what appears to be a violent ending.
The things you see in your own neighborhood that make you wonder ...

03-5020012.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Day 3. Sunday. Breakfast with friends!!! Yay!!! Just like adults gathering together!! We were very careful to wear masks and keep distance - mostly. But at least got to 'hang out with my crew'.
Later, I took a short walk, just for the exercise... Just around my own neighborhood... The quiet, family part of town I live in... down an alley I have been down many times before ... and what do I find? An untold mystery... with what appears to be a violent ending.
The things you see in your own neighborhood that make you wonder ...

View attachment 221830

A potentially grim story, Walter - but a great photograph.
It would be interesting, for some at least, to learn more of what had happened. Confession: being a writer, I have an inveterate and sometimes unbridled curiosity. But your 'untold mystery' definitely has me intrigued.

Back