Daily Challenge Daily May 4

My tiny wind-up Monkey sits next to the shredder which has not seen much use since the gradual transition from printed texts and docs to digital ones, but like a disgruntled sports fan in the post-Corona-virus world, he seems to be hoping for something a little more exciting to happen. That's one interpretation anyway.

GRD_May4_Wind-up_Monkey(AnalEfex).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It somehow seemed appropriate to photograph this smallest of toys with my smallest of cameras ;)

... like a disgruntled sports fan in the post-Corona-virus world, he seems to be hoping for something a little more exciting to happen.
Taking our government-approved exercise yesterday, we walked past a closed pub near us. There was a guy sitting on a bench about four yards in front of the entrance, just staring intently at the closed door, as if willing it to open and for the pub to start serving again. It would have made a great picture, but there were a few other people nearby and I couldn't capture the image without spoiling the moment.

-R

I think it is the fence that makes the picture, boldly in the frame and visibly unsharp, with the empty space (no people) behind it.
Otherwise there's just nothing going on, it's kinda my thinking process to always want to use foreground to create depth/mood, especially when using smaller aperture lenses or in this case a cellphone, which surprisingly I think is even sharper than the Sony 16-50 kit zoom.

Well I know I suggested I probably wouldn't be posting further but I saw this shot out of the window at the end of my lounge a few minutes ago, so just a shot to nothing. The wind was at my back and was actually trying to blow me off balance as I was taking the shot. Tomorrow's forecast of rain and wind gusting to 60mph will certainly mean no shot, indeed no exercise unless I want to get soaking wet, and I don't!

200504-R8701475-12mm-mono-web.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, one of those again

(taken with the LTM 12mm Ultra Wide-Heliar, although some cropping of the right foreground has narrowed the angle to some extent)

The subject continues the "theme" that seems to have followed me since the Single in July from 2019, oh lucky me :doh:

Barrie

Back