Daily Challenge Daily May 4

A very leftist home (not that I mind) ...

EM530111.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

How are the beach rules in Hawaii being enforced? My cousins over there were telling me you can't hangout on the sands, but you can go in the water? Kind of odd rules!
The rules are being relaxed and as long as social distancing is practiced, there doesn’t seem to be a problem. Lifeguards are on duty again. The lack of tourists is really evident on the beaches and parks. Plenty of parking and empty stretches of beach in many places.

Too many pixels when I try to read what the JA (yes) refers to, Matt, so I don't know what exactly gives you the impression of leftist.
Give me a hint, please.
Sorry for the covert hint - there are two (faded) banners there, one for the "Konzernverantwortungs-Initiative " (regardless of where a Swiss company representative does whatever she or he does, Swiss law - specificly criminal law - applies; against corruption internationally, mainly, as far as committed by said representatives, but also disregard of laws in general: against exploitation, pollution and so on) and for the "Gletscher-Iniative", a rather radical protection regime for the Swiss Alps, especially the higher, glacial regions.

It's rather peculiar because this is a really well-to-do area; not a place you'd expect the first initiative (a bill that changes the constitution, after all) to be advocated. Both initiatives are pretty far-reaching - not something you'd ever find proposed in parliament (which is not to say that there aren't members of parliament supporting those initiatives). Direct democracy at its most typical, but this time around, not representing the far right (which is a lot more common in this field).

M.

Sorry, posting a day late. I actually went out with intent thinking of another thread in the philosophy forum. I hope it is okay to post a composite, if not please remove it (and let me cry myself to sleep again).

Decorations and embellishments inside of pianos in a piano graveyard. Visible to no one, of no use in producing the sound of the instrument, but simply because humans beautify things just to make them lovely. And often take great pride in doing so. Look at that Steinway & Sons logo. Not visible except to a technician, yet proudly proclaims their use by "the Crowned Heads of Europe". (which later became the Separated Heads of Europe) ;)

04-PianoGraveyard.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back