Daily Challenge Daily May 5

Looks like the pigeon is having a good day.
DSC03723.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As close as I'll ever get to owning a Ferrari! A gift from my son, some years back.

View attachment 222060

Of course we won't mention that I prefer the descendants of Colin Chapman's imagination over those of either Enzo or Ferdinand and that if I were to get rich I'd get me a nice Evora instead :flypig:
You're just not trying hard enough:

The back side of the baritone ukulele must be shaped to a smooth taper before the kerfed lining can be glued in place.

View attachment 222044
Wow. The time and care to hand craft a quality ukulele is astounding, not to mention the artistry and craftsmanship required. My wife and I both own and play hand crafted ukuleles, hers is a modern Kanile’a Soprano and mine, an older Ceniza long-necked tenor. Even with today’s technology, nothing replaces the skill and feel of a great luthier. Much respect and Aloha, Tony.

Wow ! How much work has to be done till these lovely instruments fill you with joy when you bring them alive with your fingers.
Wow. The time and care to hand craft a quality ukulele is astounding, not to mention the artistry and craftsmanship required. My wife and I both own and play hand crafted ukuleles, hers is a modern Kanile’a Soprano and mine, an older Ceniza long-necked tenor. Even with today’s technology, nothing replaces the skill and feel of a great luthier. Much respect and Aloha, Tony.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words. I'm far from a master craftsman, however. I have learned that a key part of lutherie is very much about learning how to correct mistakes, of which I still make too many for my satisfaction.

Back