Daily Challenge Daily May 7

200507-P1090752.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Buttercups

with Nikkor 20mm f/4 lens mounted with Metabones Speed Booster XL 0.64

Barrie

I managed to get out late in the afternoon. So here's today's photo (a combination of two). Feel free to adapt your votes.
P5072441.4-tile.JPG

Somehow the exif-data got lost in combining the two. So here are the two photos with exif attached.

Attachments

• P5072441.4.JPG
    P5072441.4.JPG
    412 KB · Views: 231
  • P5072442.3.JPG
    P5072442.3.JPG
    312.2 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Update: I downloaded BirdNET software on my phone and analyzed it's chirping. It concluded that this fledgling is a California Towhee! My kids have affectionately named it Baby Towhee. :D

My wife was complaining about the birds chirping loudly around our house (she's not much into nature), only to find out this hatchling fell out of it's nest! Now we have all sorts of strange predators lurking around our house from feral cats, to weird possums! My daughter's been standing watch as it's guardian. I was thinking of raising the hatchling to be our family hunting bird, but I think it's a bit too small! Even though we live in Los Angeles, there's still some interesting urban wildlife where we live. ;)

bird_watch.jpg

Last edited:
Dining services is selling baked good to use up the supplies that they didn't use to feed students. I went by to pick up my scones this morning and here was a staff member waiting in the back room to hand out orders. I almost used selective color on the red can of hand sanitizer in the foreground.

waitingBW.jpg

As some diptychs have been seen already, I'll allow myself one also. Still into testing and comparing Fuji APSC and Panasonic MFT, I took these two images today, one with Fuji XE2 + 28mm f2.8 and the other with Panasonic G3 + M42 Vivitar 28mm f2.8... Can you tell which combo is behind which image?
View attachment 222287

I'm stumped. I can't tell which is which. And I spent some time staring at the side-by-side images.
But.....I will say - I like the right-hand one better.
However I'm not sure why - is it because of the rendering? the processing? the degree of contrast? the details? or maybe a little of 'all of the above'? Or some other random subjective unquantifiable reason? Dude, I don't know. But I'll still vote for the right-hand one as my favorite.
Which of course makes me all the more curious...as to which may be which? ;)

As some diptychs have been seen already, I'll allow myself one also. Still into testing and comparing Fuji APSC and Panasonic MFT, I took these two images today, one with Fuji XE2 + 28mm f2.8 and the other with Panasonic G3 + M42 Vivitar 28mm f2.8... Can you tell which combo is behind which image?
View attachment 222287
I'm going to guess that the Fuji is the photo on the right. The photo is clearly sharper, with greater contrast, than the photo on the left, which I would attribute to a better quality, more modern lens. The lower contrast, however, works to the advantage of the photo on the left, as the highlights are not burned out. The lower contrast may be a function of a slight change in light, and the difference in sharpness may be due to where the focusing point was placed, so I could be completely wrong (as I often am).

Cheers,

Antonio

View attachment 222287
Interesting, I like the left one better. Maybe the overall feel is more mysterious? Is that the vivitar?

Back