Daily Challenge Daily May 9

My faux pas from two nights ago corrected, the concert cigar box ukulele project is back on track.

corrected.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Woke up at the crack of dawn, both literally and metaphorically, an hour at which there is little light outside, and even less light inside. When a person turns on the light in one room (the kitchen) and then exits into a larger but totally unlit room, there is an extreme contrast between deep shadow and an almost blindingly overexposed illumination. Except my (human) eyes can make the adjustment between extremes more 'easily' (I don't think that's quite the right adverb, but it's close) than the APS-C sensor in my little Ricoh.

But when I downloaded it to my Mac, I rather liked what I saw.

GRII_May9_Dawn_backlight_Kitchen.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Taken with the 'Positive Film' in-camera setting.

Woke up at the crack of dawn, both literally and metaphorically, an hour at which there is little light outside, and even less light inside. When a person turns on the light in one room (the kitchen) and then exits into a larger but totally unlit room, there is an extreme contrast between deep shadow and an almost blindingly overexposed illumination. Except my (human) eyes can make the adjustment between extremes more 'easily' (I don't think that's quite the right adverb, but it's close) than the APS-C sensor in my little Ricoh.

But when I downloaded it to my Mac, I rather liked what I saw.

View attachment 222588

Taken with the 'Positive Film' in-camera setting.
You've captured a sense of that very difficult interior light we all experience at night. I appreciate this because I've tried myself and usually fail.

Back