Leica Date Night Out

Duane Pandorf

Top Veteran
m2402394duanelpandorf.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Made with a loaner M240 & 35 Lux ASPH.

Very nice. How are you liking the 240 in comparison to your M-E? I've seen a couple of used 240s that are only a few hundred $ more than used M9s. I'm pretty much set on getting a used M9, but as prices come down on the 240 it makes me wonder. Having owned an M-E, I already know what to expect and like the output of the CCD sensor but...

Very nice. How are you liking the 240 in comparison to your M-E? I've seen a couple of used 240s that are only a few hundred $ more than used M9s. I'm pretty much set on getting a used M9, but as prices come down on the 240 it makes me wonder. Having owned an M-E, I already know what to expect and like the output of the CCD sensor but...

My wife says she prefers the M-E's output but I don't remember getting skin tones from it like I have from the CMOS sensor. I have created a custom profile using a Xrite Color Checker which has helped for both cameras.

I do notice the weight difference btwn the two cameras. With the announcement of the m242 that would be my choice.

I've already asked NJ Leica if that camera would be available for upgrade like I was offered for the M240 but not yet.

Back