DAY 1 - Golden October

On day one of October, I brewed a porter. I bring you: Translucent Chocolate.

eq6k.jpg

I love a good porter. I also love this Johnny Cash song.....
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/hs4dcoJHdz8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/hs4dcoJHdz8?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

As do I. <cheers>

As we speak that porter is being chewed to bits by voracious british Nottingham yeast in my coat closet, coughing and sputtering and doing their damnest to make (more of) a mess in there. If all goes to plan, they should leave behind almost 5 gallons of 9.5% abv baltic portery goodness. First I need them to stop chugging foamy wort up the blow-off tubes... they're wasting my beer!

Okay, I'm a little late to the Golden October party, due to transcontinental travel and jetlag and other related issues, but here is my first contribution: a pair of winter squash, lying in the garden on a cold morning just after an unexpected overnight freeze. Taken with my cute dinky little Lumix LX7 which I am developing a fondness for.

10087457216_67b26defe0_b.jpg

Garden Squash by La Chachalaca Fotografía, on Flickr

Your "dinky" little LX7 did a fine detailed job here.:)

Thanks, Steve. I actually bought it from fellow seriouscompacts member Ray Sachs, and sometimes I can't help thinking about an old horror movie I saw on TV years ago about a concert pianist who loses his hand in an accident but then has another hand grafted onto his arm which works perfectly at first but then exhibits strange behavior which ultimately, we realize, is caused by the spirit of the man whom it belonged to who was not a nice person. So, sometimes, I wonder if I'm 'channeling' some of Ray's shots when I use the LX7. (grin)

But, actually - the LX7 a fine small photographic tool. Not quite on the level of the dyamic range which my old Pentax DSLR was capable of - but for most intents and purposes, darned close.

Back