Day 19 - Silver September 2013

No sleeping in with Abigail around...

Rise and shine, lazybones!
Abigail_P9170103_BW1.jpg

Bummer, Sue. :(

On the bright side, at least it still works... tough camera! (y)

I was amazed, Chris. It took a knock on the concrete gutter first then bounced to the road. I was sure the lens would be smashed and I'd have to send it to trash. Not only that, The VF-2 was attached at the time and it also took a knock (no dings and no damage...) Oly builds them pretty tough, I guess.

I was amazed, Chris. It took a knock on the concrete gutter first then bounced to the road. I was sure the lens would be smashed and I'd have to send it to trash. Not only that, The VF-2 was attached at the time and it also took a knock (no dings and no damage...) Oly builds them pretty tough, I guess.

I'm especially surprised the glass didn't crack.

She's such a naughty :)

She is, and I'm terrible!

Really nice! At first I thought it was a fossil fern, then I looked closer. I wonder what caused this.

The ocean does it somehow, but I don't know how it starts. There are lots of holes and interesting rock formations on the beaches here. I missed a geologic walk this summer. I would have really liked to hear about how all of this happens, and what kind of rocks we have.

The ocean does it somehow, but I don't know how it starts. There are lots of holes and interesting rock formations on the beaches here. I missed a geologic walk this summer. I would have really liked to hear about how all of this happens, and what kind of rocks we have.

My guess is there was something softer in the sandstone, that got eaten away first. that would explain the other holes neatly, but this formation isn't random. I wonder if this could have been, maybe, some form of plant life coated in clay. But I'm not curious enough to get serious about geology, I'm afraid! Whatever it is, it's an intriguing image.

Very cool photo. Look like a neat place to visit.

My guess is there was something softer in the sandstone, that got eaten away first. that would explain the other holes neatly, but this formation isn't random. I wonder if this could have been, maybe, some form of plant life coated in clay. But I'm not curious enough to get serious about geology, I'm afraid! Whatever it is, it's an intriguing image.

Back