Day 21 - Silver September 2013

I really like this - the reflections, the perspective of the letters, the tones!
On a personal note, I can't believe that I cut my teeth on The Music Man and, even though I spent two years as an undergrad at UW in Madison, I never thought twice about the name of the library (and the deceased philanthropist it was named for) in The Music Man. This ran through my head the moment I looked at this photo: (Marian the Librarian to her mother -)
"As long as the Madison Public Library was entrusted
To me for the purpose of improving River City's cultural level,
I can't help my concern that the Ladies of River City
Keep ignoring all my council and advice."

Rorschach Test?
leaves_BW_IMGP6395.jpg

Off for a lunchtime cider

Today I revisited my old haunt of Kingsbridge for the 6th annual vintage bus rally, however rather than a "boring" old bus, here's something a little different from me. This gentleman visits the King of Prussia every lunchtime for a session involving the drinking of several pints of cider. The King of Prussia is a very old fashioned and rather down at heel pub that still survives by serving only alcohol, no food. You could easily film a 1920's period movie inside with little alteration to the existing decor or fittings.

130921-1050754.jpg

Barrie

Today I revisited my old haunt of Kingsbridge for the 6th annual vintage bus rally, however rather than a "boring" old bus, here's something a little different from me. This gentleman visits the King of Prussia every lunchtime for a session involving the drinking of several pints of cider. The King of Prussia is a very old fashioned and rather down at heel pub that still survives by serving only alcohol, no food. You could easily film a 1920's period movie inside with little alteration to the existing decor or fittings.

130921-1050754.jpg

Barrie

Lots of character in this photo, I like it!

Back