Daily Challenge Day by Day 5

I agree that Day 5 would be a fine day for a 5cm....but alas I don't have one currently.

What I do have however is a camera that I consistently love to shoot with but which, over the last few months of nothing but Pen F or Ricoh shooting, has been languishing unattended: my Pentax KP. With one of my favorite all-time semi-modern Pentax lenses on it, the DA 21, with an equivalent focal length of 32mm which makes it just a tad less wide than my 15mm PanaLeica, and significantly less wide than the 28mm fov of my Ricoh's. It's not quite as narrow as the old 35mm Takumar that was one of my favorite lenses in the dim prehistoric mists of analog photography, but it's close...

I picked the camera up and, like most of my Pentaxes, it felt (and feels) 'just right' in my hands. As a new day is literally starting here in Oregon, I walked around the quiet house for a few moments - and then found myself staring at myself, and since Kirk Tuck, one of my favorite photographic philosophers, allows himself a number of mirror portraits, I figured what's good enough for Kirk, is good enough for me.

KP_June5_Autorretrato(SilverEfexAcros).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I may go back to the Ricoh's tomorrow but damn! the KP is a fine piece of machinery.

The baritone cigar box uke is finished. I just installed the strings this morning, so they are definitely not holding tune yet. It has been an interesting experiment, and most likely the only one like it in the world. This particular cigar box seems to be rare. I'll know more how it sounds after the strings have stretched and settled for a week or two.

baritone completed.png

The baritone cigar box uke is finished. I just installed the strings this morning, so they are definitely not holding tune yet. It has been an interesting experiment, and most likely the only one like it in the world. This particular cigar box seems to be rare. I'll know more how it sounds after the strings have stretched and settled for a week or two.

View attachment 224907
A real beauty, Tony. You must give us an audible impression as well as soon as the strings keep tension. Then you'll hopefully let us enjoy a few strums, you needn't outperform Bruce Springsteen. ;)

Back