DAY THREE - Silver September 2013

Please have mercy on a Newbie! After searching through my recent photos for a good candidate for B&W and searching through my new Topaz Restyler for help in converting it, I realized it's a few days too old. I'll pay more attention from now on.

wave goodbye to day 3

Attachments

• bye.jpg
    bye.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 186
wave goodbye to day 3

I really like this. I can't usually put my finger on anything technical about the photos I like, but here I first saw it on my phone and the pattern on the shirt jumped out at me. When I got to my computer and could really see it, the sharp pattern on the shirt leads to the less distinct pattern of the bush and the fuzzy pattern of the screen in the headlights and even the glow of the privacy panels becomes a sort of featureless pattern. And I like the way the subject is centered without being static - the headlights are incomprehensible at first and draw my eye to the upper left, and then his upraised arm is backlit, and then I noticed that subtle shadow, and then the right hand side of the photo (with that corner of carved chair peeking out) registers as "inside" and it's relatively dark.

Yes Superb shot I thought it was indoor

Gwen Quek uses a clip of some sort to stablise the plant - We'd better ask her

Back