Daily Challenge Day to Day 10

A shooting board and plane are used to true one edge of a fretboard blank. In the background, the rough cut baritone ukulele neck is bolted to the body for the first time to check for alignment. Rarely is it perfect on the first fit; usually there is some sanding involved to tweak the alignment.

DSCF0035.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's a double image , but with the same photo. This morning I saw two dandelions in close proximity, one in flower and one in seed. I thought the contrast would make a nice image and it did:
dandy2.jpg

I did notice, however, that the center of the one in seed looked odd, so i zoomed in. I saw this image with tiny droplets of dew:
dandy3.jpg

It's interesting that I took six shots, and only this one had good focus on the droplets. The other five focused on the seeds around the edges.

Here's a double image , but with the same photo. This morning I saw two dandelions in close proximity, one in flower and one in seed. I thought the contrast would make a nice image and it did:
View attachment 225370

I did notice, however, that the center of the one in seed looked odd, so i zoomed in. I saw this image with tiny droplets of dew:
View attachment 225371

It's interesting that I took six shots, and only this one had good focus on the droplets. The other five focused on the seeds around the edges.
Sometimes the autofocus drives me crazy (in both cameras), even when spot-metering.
With manual focus we always had the spot sharp we wanted, no need to take several shots.

Sometimes the autofocus drives me crazy (in both cameras), even when spot-metering.
With manual focus we always had the spot sharp we wanted, no need to take several shots.
No sure that MF would have helped unless I had the magnification on. I didn't even realize those droplets were there until I was doing PP on the images at 100% magnification. If I had, I would have tried to get a bit closer because I really like the second image more than the first. It's an extreme crop, but I did have a lot of MP with which to work.

Last edited:
Fooling around with a surprisingly neat lens ...

(Nikon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 D on Nikon D750, at 105mm, wide open near closest focusing distance, handheld (rested) at 1/25s, ISO 6400, no NR ...)

View attachment 225388

The Fujinon's a nice piece of glass as well ...

M.
I had one of those cameras during my "I'll buy one of those and try it for a while" phase. Neat camera, but as I recall it went in one of my gear purges to a guy who was buying his teenage son his first camera, and he was going to start him out teaching him film. A most worthy recipient.

Back