Daily Challenge Day to Day 115

P1026251.4.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
From my stroll ... just to show that my index doesn't always double-click. ;)

Last edited:
We finally have an operational bike. It is a 700c frame with 650B (27.5") wheels & tires. I took it for a short shakedown cruise around our neighborhood this afternoon. I'm planning to go out for a longer ride tomorrow morning.

This is my second - and last - bicycle build. I guess I didn't learn from the first. Despite trying hard to keep the cost down, I still ended up spending about twice what I had originally planned. A better plan would have been to find a cheap old bike and strip it down and completely rebuild it, but finding the right frame size and wheel size combination was virtually impossible in my community.

DSCF0280.JPG

We finally have an operational bike. It is a 700c frame with 650B (27.5") wheels & tires. I took it for a short shakedown cruise around our neighborhood this afternoon. I'm planning to go out for a longer ride tomorrow morning.

This is my second - and last - bicycle build. I guess I didn't learn from the first. Despite trying hard to keep the cost down, I still ended up spending about twice what I had originally planned. A better plan would have been to find a cheap old bike and strip it down and completely rebuild it, but finding the right frame size and wheel size combination was virtually impossible in my community.

View attachment 235887
It's a lovely looking bicycle, Tony.
And 650b tires can be a real trip; I recently bought a lightly-used gravel bicycle which came with 650b's, and though at first they seemed balloon-like in appearance at least, I have discovered they are zippy, maneuverable and surprisingly quick.
And my personal not-too-practical theory is: costs be damned! if it's a cool bike (which yours is!) and fun to ride, in the long run, you won't regret it.

Congrats on finishing what looks to me like a very nice build.

Nothing more than a detail of an old bentwood-chair, built decades ago by one of the gentlemen who originally grew up in the old Oregon farmhouse where I live.

GRII_Sept23_Bentwood_chair.jpg

Somehow, it seems to like right at home out in the fields - where it was temporarily moved from its normal place-of-residence, on the front porch.

It's a lovely looking bicycle, Tony.
And 650b tires can be a real trip; I recently bought a lightly-used gravel bicycle which came with 650b's, and though at first they seemed balloon-like in appearance at least, I have discovered they are zippy, maneuverable and surprisingly quick.
And my personal not-too-practical theory is: costs be damned! if it's a cool bike (which yours is!) and fun to ride, in the long run, you won't regret it.

Congrats on finishing what looks to me like a very nice build.
Thanks Miguel.

Back