Daily Challenge Day to Day 126

Name
Matt
Start Date
Oct 4, 2020
End Date
Oct 4, 2020
Developing an idea provided by Steve (@drd1135) about "magic numbers" in nuclear physics and their implication for chemistry, more precisely the periodic table:

In short, should element 126 be made, it is expected to be much more stable than most other (and earlier, i.e. lighter) artificial elements.

More on "islands of stability" here:

(I also linked to another topical video from the series on day 119.)

From a chemistry standpoint, element 126 is also predicted to be the first element ever to employ g shell electrons (at least that's how I understood what little I could digest from a seminal paper on the topic provided by Steve ... apologies if I butchered this, but it was a paper for scientists familiar with the topic, not for rank amateurs like me ...); for everyone courageous enough, here's a link to the paper.

M.

A flat, vertical grain Spruce brace is added across the guitar's upper bought to increase stiffness in the area where the fretboard extension will be attached.

DSCF0306.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have a moderately newish Vespa scooter which I ride around most of the year. When riding on a scooter, sometimes, one feels like one is in the very center of a strangely curved universe....metaphorically speaking. I don't have a clue how to convey that feeling, visually - but this morning, I decided to try my fixed f/8 Olympus bodycap fisheye lens....to give an admittedly distorted interpretation of it---

EP3_Oct4_fisheye_Vespa_headlight.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back