Daily Challenge Day to Day 13

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jun 13, 2020
End Date
Jun 13, 2020
I know that there's definitively some numinous theory behind 13 being an unlucky number, but I think at least mathematically it's just unlucky not to be twelve (the first impressive "highly composite" number - six factors!). However, at least 13 *is* the sum of 4 and 9 - the first two primes squared ... and it's part of the Fibonacci sequence, too. Nothing unlucky about it in my eyes, lots of intriguing properties ... (of which I haven't even listed all).

Let's do it better justice than it usually attracts, then ...

M.

Good morning all. I managed to capture this downtown earlier.
Lake%20Verona-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yesterday's work session culminated in getting the baritone neck to where it's about 90% completed. The top half of today's diptych shows the neck blank and body parts the day I began working on the baritone again after a long hiatus; the bottom half shows my progress as of this morning. The hardest part of the project is now behind me. The neck is ready for final sanding, installing the frets, and permanently attaching the fretboard. The only difficult step left in the project is fabricating and installing the top bindings.

Day 13.png

In Oregon, a gray day filled with clouds, wind, and the promise of more rain.

Standing outside of my old house, there are a small handful of very faded Tibetan-prayer-flags....which both seem to fit my mood, and the atmospheric conditions - and possibly hint at kinder times for the pandemic-plagued-planet.

GRii_June13_Prayer_flags(SilverEfex).jpg

Missed a couple of days but got a chance to try out the Industar 22 on my Olympus E-PL1. My old VF3 has bitten the dust so I have to use the back screen chimping style & I really don't like that. I do, however, like the rendition of this little 50/3.5 lens.

You can almost tell there are a huge bunch of dragonflies in this, like they're following the sign towards the barn :LOL:

P6140910.JPG

Missed a couple of days but got a chance to try out the Industar 22 on my Olympus E-PL1. My old VF3 has bitten the dust so I have to use the back screen chimping style & I really don't like that. I do, however, like the rendition of this little 50/3.5 lens.

You can almost tell there are a huge bunch of dragonflies in this, like they're following the sign towards the barn :LOL:

View attachment 225720
I have two EPL1. That back screen is really tiny. The lack of AA filter lets them make the most of that 12 MP sensor, however. Is that lens manual focus?

Last edited:
Back