Name
Matt
Start Date
Oct 22, 2020
End Date
Oct 22, 2020
20+20+10+22=72
72x2=144

Coincidence - but too neat to miss. And then there's this ...
grid_42675_lg.gif

Cheers :)

M.

P.S. Wrong graphics, replaced the next day ...

Last edited:
So, I'm walking up this dirt path between a set of old houses that are typically rented to students. I don't normally go this way but I was heading to the mechanic to pick up my car. I see this absolute mess of electrical wires and decide it would make a good daily shot. I'm trying different perspectives but this house hasn't seen a right angle since Sheridan burned down the Valley. I took a few wider shots like this to give myself some space to work with the perspective controls.
no cat.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Since I was just playing around, I decide to adjust shadows and contrast to see if it looked better. I then pushed the shadow slider in ACR and startled myself.

cat.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

At this point I decided to make a more balanced composition, given the new elements in the image. I also turned up the clarity to catch the highlights in the ectoplasm. :eek-54:

Last edited:
All of the linings are in place and sanded. Next step is aligning the body shell to the center markings on the soundboard and back, and notching the linings for the ears on the braces. Fussy work which is easy to get wrong if one isn't careful. Another lesson learned the hard way.

View attachment 238286
It's just fascinating watching the instrument develop from blueprint to reality. Thanks for sharing your very special skills with us, Tony. Hope you'll find a musician who can unleash all the love you put into this instrument and touch the hearts of all who listen with his vibrations.

It's just fascinating watching the instrument develop from blueprint to reality. Thanks for sharing your very special skills with us, Tony. Hope you'll find a musician who can unleash all the love you put into this instrument and touch the hearts of all who listen with his vibrations.
Thanks Walter. That musician is yours truly; I'm building this to be my primary guitar. I'm finding as I get older I prefer a shorter scale instrument, and the size is perfect. I've already used these plans to build a tenor guitar, but I wanted a full 6 strings in the same size instrument.

Back