Daily Challenge Day to Day 146

Taken in the early post-midnight hours of the new day, after a long and relatively fruitful but tiring writing session.

EP3_Oct24_Autorretrato_medianoche.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Taken with the manual-focus-only and dirt-cheap Pergear 25mm lens....which I find a surprisingly decent entry in my own personal alternative version of the nifty-fifty-equivalent-micro-four-thirds sweepstakes.

On my stroll through Oberkochen where the Zeiss lenses are manufactured I came past a tiny chappel. You can't go inside, there's a big cast iron gate, so you can only look inside.
PA224460.1.JPG
PA224461.1-tile.JPG

In the back of the chapel there is a pietà, to the left Josef with Christ, to the right St. Ottilia, patroness for eye diseases. Is this the reason why these superb lenses are manufactured here?

Last edited:
On my stroll through Oberkochen where the Zeiss lenses are manufactured I came past a tiny chappel. You can't go inside, there's a big cast iron gate, so you can only look inside.
View attachment 238420View attachment 238422
In the back of the chapel there is a pietà, to the left Josef with Christ, to the right St. Ottilia, patroness for eye diseases. Is this the reason why these superb lenses are manufactured here?
Excellent framing on this.

Bit of a setback. I discovered the Mahogany blank I was going to use for my guitar neck wasn't long enough. I have a really nice Mahogany neck blank, but I was planning to save it for a larger guitar project. I did order some more Mahogany from a luthier supplier, but it will have to sit in my shop and acclimate for several weeks before I can use it. I may have to just use the blank I have, and save the newer wood for the later project. Decisions, decisions . . .

DSCF0160.JPG

It's hard not to stop and take a shot of a dullaghan riding a troll fighting a two-headed dino-horse.
View attachment 238438
Well, I'm certainly not into Halloween (it's not part of a Central European tradition, and what they've imported is a travesty of a travesty ...), but this shot makes it almost worthwhile :)

I had a blast during my two outings today. So much so that I really had difficulties choosing the image for this thread ...

DSC_1513.jpg

Yes, this was caught with a 20mm lens! I love the subtle sharpness transitions and the bokeh coming from the Z 20mm f/1.8 S. I hoped for something like this, but it's even better than what I expected.

M.

Well, I'm certainly not into Halloween (it's not part of a Central European tradition, and what they've imported is a travesty of a travesty ...), but this shot makes it almost worthwhile :)

I had a blast during my two outings today. So much so that I really had difficulties choosing the image for this thread ...

View attachment 238449

Yes, this was caught with a 20mm lens! I love the subtle sharpness transitions and the bokeh coming from the Z 20mm f/1.8 S. I hoped for something like this, but it's even better than what I expected.

M.
This is a great image - and a great photograph, too, Matt.
Seriously.

Back