Daily Challenge Day to Day 150

PA254473.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This happened. Out trail riding, and came upon a dead tree fallen across the trail. Lost my balance when I tried to dismount the bike on a slight incline, and my foot got caught on something and trapped under the bike when the whole bike - and my full weight - landed on top of it. Felt like someone had smashed my foot with a sledgehammer. I walked it off and continued the ride, but my foot was sore and getting stiff by the time I got home, and started changing color by evening. It was swollen a lot worse when I woke this morning. Ice pack helped. Waiting on x-ray results, but my doctor thinks I may have broken the 1st metatarsal. He made a joke about me learning to bike ride with a boot on my foot, although a cast is also possible, depending on how bad it is.

toe.jpg

This happened. Out trail riding, and came upon a dead tree fallen across the trail. Lost my balance when I tried to dismount the bike on a slight incline, and my foot got caught on something and trapped under the bike when the whole bike - and my full weight - landed on top of it. Felt like someone had smashed my foot with a sledgehammer. I walked it off and continued the ride, but my foot was sore and getting stiff by the time I got home, and started changing color by evening. It was swollen a lot worse when I woke this morning. Ice pack helped. Waiting on x-ray results, but my doctor thinks I may have broken the 1st metatarsal. He made a joke about me learning to bike ride with a boot on my foot, although a cast is also possible, depending on how bad it is.

View attachment 238861
All the best and good recovery, Tony.
You may not be able to walk as you wish, but you can go on working on your guitar if your arms and hands don't look the same.

I've been spending most days indoors, chained to the computer, trying to finish rewrites (a never-ending process, but, still...). So my Day-to-Day photographic forays have been limited to wandering around the old house I live in. Today, I found myself staring, for the nth time, at a pair of quaint, old-fashioned salt-and-pepper shakers, which seem emblematic of simpler times.

GRII_Oct28_Salt&Pepper_shakers.jpg

Don't want to pull this thread OT, but an update on my boo-boo from post #4 above. The break wasn't as bad as first feared. I have a small stress fracture in the top of my foot, and a small bone chip at the base of my big toe. No surgery, no boot, and no cast involved. Just ice and keeping it elevated, and keep my weight off it as much as possible. Worst part is I'll be off the bicycle for a minimum of 4 weeks, maybe more. I have a follow-up at the end of November.

Don't want to pull this thread OT, but an update on my boo-boo from post #4 above. The break wasn't as bad as first feared. I have a small stress fracture in the top of my foot, and a small bone chip at the base of my big toe. No surgery, no boot, and no cast involved. Just ice and keeping it elevated, and keep my weight off it as much as possible. Worst part is I'll be off the bicycle for a minimum of 4 weeks, maybe more. I have a follow-up at the end of November.
This reminds me again of the saying attributed to Churchill: "no sports is good sports".
Not to be taken too seriously ;)

View attachment 238861
Toe injuries can really slow one down. May your recovery be swift!

Back