Daily Challenge Day to Day 163

Name
Matt
Start Date
Nov 10, 2020
End Date
Nov 10, 2020
The day the wall fell ... was yesterday; well, I have to make up for missing it, so here goes:

Well, you saw that one coming, didn't you ;)

M.

P.S. Sorry for yesterday's rough approach ... history is unforgiving. Especially for historians ...

Last edited:
PB094826.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Finally, after almost two weeks of testing, tweaking, and cutting up scrap wood, I have my first successful cut. I'm making a peghead overlay for my guitar project. I ran the script on a scrap piece of Cedar to make sure I had the dimensions and design right, and the program is currently repeating the process with my Rosewood overlay.

DSCF0430.JPG

Alongside the highway which runs outside of my town, Talent, Oregon, the signs of the apocalyptic forest fire which burned portions of the city are still visible and prevalent. But due to the capricious nature of the ferocious winds which fueled the fire, one sees heavily burned areas - next to those which escaped any damage, due to the changing wind-driven path of the fire.

Here, a small house set back some distance from the highway survived - but the vehicles and roadway several hundred yards in front of it, were at ground zero.

EP3_Nov10_Burned_vehicles#1.jpg

Even months later, looking at scenes like this, I can't help thinking about that fine line which separates survival...and disaster.

Back