Daily Challenge Day to Day 164

When I was younger, we would go and play for the people in the street ... Not sure I miss it, but it was mostly fun.
As a student when I played in a small band (60s and 70s rock and pop for dancing) in a restaurant we would make a lot money over carnival, playing four nights in a row from 20:00 p. m. to 3:00 a. m. with only 20 minutes break around midnight for something to eat. It was tough, and my left-hand fingers had no callus left the last night so the strings hurt, but it was a lot of fun. We had the drinks and a full meal free. But of course you had to be careful not drinking much, people expected you to be good till the end. The money I got equalled one month of student's grants.

In these Corona-times a pinch of humour is needed. So here's yours truly in the late 60s earning his money and having a break in the basement bar of the restaurant where we played. The length of my hair was *the* scandal of the village. (Scans from photo prints)

Attachments

• The Cartwrights.jpg
    The Cartwrights.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 122
  • wee cartwright Kellerbar.jpg
    wee cartwright Kellerbar.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Was shopping in the supermarket in the late afternoon and I saw this mask-wearing 'dummy'. And it struck me that several months ago, seeing a sight like this would have struck me as strange - or weird - or surreal.

Now it just seems normal.

EP3_Nov11_Supermarket_dummy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bob Dylan was right when he said, "the times, they are a'changin'..."

I really like the surreal appearance of the bokeh in this image. It has a pleasing yet well defined geometric look.
That's what the Voigtländer 50mm f/1.5 can do ... I think it's a really wonderful lens; I prefer it over its big brother, the 50mm f/1.2, simply because of its rendering, and even though, objectively, the Summicron-M 50mm f/2 is the better lens, I think I could live quite happily with the 50mm f/1.5 VM alone ... which, at some point, I might even try ...

M.

Back