Daily Challenge Day to Day 166

Name
Matt
Start Date
Nov 13, 2020
End Date
Nov 13, 2020
PB084798.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I might have posted this before, but I don't remember ...

So, maybe I'd better heap it on ;)

M.
During all my life Friday 13th has been my lucky day.

Two more pieces from yesterday's time with the CNC mill. A template for shaping the guitar's peghead with my router, and the bridge.

View attachment 240259
When I follow all your daily steps towards the making of this instrument (and all the others you've let us watch coming into existence) I'm even struck more with awe every time I take my Taylor out of its case. Every single part of this instrument shows me that someone worked with utmost skill and love (and the help of some ecxellent machines) to create perfection. This spirit is to be seen in your diligent and patient process too, Tony. Thanks for taking us with you on this journey.

For moments when something does not work out as you wish (like with the fretboard), lean back for a while and ... relax:
(The Bob Dylan song made popular by Adele in my rendition, with my friend playing the improvised solos. Recorded live in his "music basement" during a rehearsal session).

Last edited:
When I follow all your daily steps towards the making of this instrument (and all the others you've let us watch coming into existence) I'm even struck more with awe every time I take my Taylor out of its case. Every single part of this instrument shows me that someone worked with utmost skill and love (and the help of some ecxellent machines) to create perfection. This spirit is to be seen in your diligent and patient process too, Tony. Thanks for taking us with you on this journey.
My pleasure, Walt. Taylor has a reputation for stringent process and quality control, and some of the finest craftsmen and equipment in the industry. Their Master Designer and Luthier, Andy Powers, is not only a skilled builder, but a top notch player, too. I don't have a Taylor, but I admire their work ethic and reputation.

This hand-carved wooden flying frog from Bali is suspended from a ceiling light fixture in the old farmhouse where I live; I've always thought of him as one of the symbolic household deities - like the famous Chinese 'kitchen gods' - who are reputed to bring domestic and other blessings to the place where daily meals are prepared.

But the real reason he's there is because I think he looks cool.

EP3_Nov13_Flying_Frog.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back