Daily Challenge Day to Day 167

Name
Matt
Start Date
Nov 14, 2020
End Date
Nov 14, 2020
After missing Neil Young's birthday on the 12th (duh ...), I thought I'd better do my research a bit more thoroughly - and I came across someone who I think should really be remembered:

At Montreux, no less - and in the year I finished high school :)

Buckwheat Zydeco (and the music he drew his stage name from) hold a huge appeal for me - now that's what I call steam ...

For those who'd like to binge watch and listen:

M.

Now I feel even older. I finished high school the year you entered primary school. :(
I wish I could be sure to keep as well as you have ... it's all cabin fever, Tony; get well soon (you will!), get out there, and you'll be right ...

btw. I entered primary school in 1975 ... my high school time was a lengthy one, mostly due to our move from Germany to Switzerland. Graduation took place two days before my 21st birthday. So it goes ...

M.

I wish I could be sure to keep as well as you have ... it's all cabin fever, Tony; get well soon (you will!), get out there, and you'll be right ...

btw. I entered primary school in 1975 ... my high school time was a lengthy one, mostly due to our move from Germany to Switzerland. Graduation took place two days before my 21st birthday. So it goes ...

M.
OK, so I only have 10 years on you. Now I don't feel quite so old. :D

Now I feel even older. I finished high school the year you entered primary school. :(
Hi you youngsters. Maybe it gives you a better start in the day when I tell you that I started primary school in 1957 and graduated in 1969. My studies were finished in summer 1976 (with one year in Edinburgh and two years working as a scientific assistant at Freiburg university). So no reason for you for feeling old if I'm not doing so either.
Even if - at times - your body reminds you that you're on the wrong side of forty it's the age of your mind that really counts.
And as I can see you still keep that very active, so no problem there. Take it with Bobby: don't worry, be happy. ;)

The CNC'd Walnut oval is lapped against the guitar body at the location of the soundport, until it fits perfectly against the contour. A very sharp pencil is used to trace around the oval, and the ring is glued inside the cutout. I've learned it is best to leave a bit of extra inside the line when cutting out the oval, and carefully sand away the extra, sneaking up to the line. A perfect fit is possible, but it's a lot easier said than done.

DSCF0449.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One of our alumni donated his extensive collection of Old West art to the University,. The collection is on display in the Performing Arts Center where I teach this term. Such a collection could be very controversial, but the pictures and sculptures show Native Americans and Settlers in daily life with no violence. If anything, the art displays both groups in heroic ways. My favorite stature is a bronze bust of the great Native American leader Crazy Horse. I took a number of shots today, and my favorite was a close up of the face.
crazyhorse.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After missing Neil Young's birthday on the 12th (duh ...), I thought I'd better do my research a bit more thoroughly - and I came across someone who I think should really be remembered:

At Montreux, no less - and in the year I finished high school :)

Buckwheat Zydeco (and the music he drew his stage name from) hold a huge appeal for me - now that's what I call steam ...

For those who'd like to binge watch and listen:

M.
In my student years Clifton Chenier was my favourite among the Zydeco musicians.

Back