Daily Challenge Day to Day 172

Name
Matt
Start Date
Nov 19, 2020
End Date
Nov 19, 2020
Something completely different: It's Franz Schubert's death day (excuse the Germanism, but it's got a certain ring to it).

This is the song I foolishly tried my hands on for my music graduation in 1987:

I feel the embarrassment to this day ... This is so far out of my league my attempt must have been a real trial for the examiner (who, in spite of himself, was nevertheless impressed).

M.

PB144924.1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another day I must spend inside chained to the computer, writing.
So every little distraction helps.
Including the plastic monster who sits atop another bookcase beneath my old Japanese movie poster.

View attachment 240758
You have an eclectic collection of esoterica. Your images from the nearby supermarket of unusual items they carry always give me that same impression. Fascinating.

I really like textures in a picture. The way lens renders textures is a big part of my assessment of that lens. The Coolpix A is a great camera and it’s too bad Nikon so mishandled it’s offering. Way too pricey at launch.
Part of what renders the textures so well in that photo was the late afternoon light. But I agree, the Coolpix A was really poorly marketed and initially over priced. It had the advantage for Nikon DSLR users of the following the same basic GUI. Which is still one thing I really like about it. Plus it does have a great build quality and an excellent lens. I have thought about replacing it with a Ricoh GR or even s Leica Q, but haven’t done it simply because the results are still great.

I really like textures in a picture. The way lens renders textures is a big part of my assessment of that lens. The Coolpix A is a great camera and it’s too bad Nikon so mishandled it’s offering. Way too pricey at launch.
And, at least for my taste, way too clunky in use compared to the GR which came out more or less at the same time. But that doesn't mean it's a bad camera, not at all - and it's a pity it never got a makeover. Imagine that camera with the sensor and AF of the Z 50 ... (and a different grip and button layout - and maybe, just maybe an EVF).

M.

It was a little silver bar of soap, but it was oh-so-convenient in the pocket. I try not to think about the Z50. I've never had a Nikon ILC, and I know I will find a Z50 eventually at a low enough price to justify the experiment.

Back