Daily Challenge Day to Day 173

35 years ago, Microsoft released Windows 1.0 ... the rest is ...

... looking at the egg timer.

M.
During all these years I've too often been driven to despair by all generations of Windows as well as much MS software. At school I had to work with these, all the rest of my family works (and fights) with it. I've been working with Powerbooks and iMac and have never regretted it a single moment, quite on the contrary, it's pure bliss. Everything well-structured, easy to find and easy to work with, and running ... running ... running. Not a single serious problem (one I could not fix in a few minutes). The iMac has been working since 2009, first with Snow Leopard, now with High Sierra, two partitions with each system operating perfectly. No matter whether long texts, books, flyers and posters that went directly to the printing firms, mixing and mastering of music, producing films or processing photos and photo calendars or panels: everything just works out fine. New and historic software (from the 90s!) running smoothly.
And ... no, I don't get a single cent for this promotion talk.

P1026658.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

During all these years I've too often been driven to despair by all generations of Windows as well as much MS software. At school I had to work with these, all the rest of my family works (and fights) with it. I've been working with Powerbooks and iMac and have never regretted it a single moment, quite on the contrary, it's pure bliss. Everything well-structured, easy to find and easy to work with, and running ... running ... running. Not a single serious problem (one I could not fix in a few minutes). The iMac has been working since 2009, first with Snow Leopard, now with High Sierra, two partitions with each system operating perfectly. No matter whether long texts, books, flyers and posters that went directly to the printing firms, mixing and mastering of music, producing films or processing photos and photo calendars or panels: everything just works out fine. New and historic software (from the 90s!) running smoothly.
And ... no, I don't get a single cent for this promotion talk.
I left Windows in 2002 after struggling with many aspects of it (not the least with legal and policy ones) and went almost entirely GNU/Linux for a good 15 years.

Since the arrival of Windows 10, things have changed somewhat. For once, this is a Windows version that runs sufficiently well on most of my devices, and since I need to use it for work, I've made my peace with it for the time being (well, it's more of an armistice, to be honest). But the moment I'll no longer need it, it'll be gone from all of my systems, maybe bar one (in order to be able to run a couple of applications without fuss; I still prefer native over emulation).

I took a little lens out again after a long time of neglect: the 7Artisans 35mm f/2 (the original "chinacron"), mounted on my M10. I had very little time for shooting, though - so I took this shot more or less in desperation ... and I actually like the result (yes, the focus is meant to be on the two tiny red leaves :)).

LM102772.jpg

M.

Another long day spent indoors, chained to my Mac...writing, writing, writing.
Finally roused myself out of my quite comfortable ergonomic desk chair for this photograph - of the innards of an old clock.
In a word... clockwork.

X30_Nov20_Clockwork.jpg

For photos like this, it's nice having a small-sensored camera with some macro capabilities handy. In distant bygone ages, I would reach for my LX7 - then for some time, it was replaced by a cool, small Ricoh GRD iii - but these days, I'm even happier with their successor, the prettiest of them all, my Fujifilm X30.

Back