Daily Challenge Day to Day 178

Name
Matt
Start Date
Nov 25, 2020
End Date
Nov 25, 2020
Interestingly, I had never heard of this project before: SCP Foundation - a collaborative SciFi writing project. I've not yet dug in any deeper, but it seems at least intriguing to someone like me who was into MMORPGs once ...

Anyhow, here's how and why I found it:

Sinister - and dense, so I researched it. And ... not too far from the content of certain conspiracy theories. I wish people could (and would!) distinguish between fact and fiction ...

No incentive to look for the bleak and morose, though - just a random find I'll actually look further into ...

M.

been playing again ... homo ludens takes its toll
P1026715.1LP.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Interestingly, I had never heard of this project before: SCP Foundation - a collaborative SciFi writing project. I've not yet dug in any deeper, but it seems at least intriguing to someone like me who was into MMORPGs once ...

Anyhow, here's how and why I found it:

Sinister - and dense, so I researched it. And ... not too far from the content of certain conspiracy theories. I wish people could (and would!) distinguish between fact and fiction ...

No incentive to look for the bleak and morose, though - just a random find I'll actually look further into ...

M.
I know of this and I've read quite a few of them. The idea is great. The SCP (Secure, Contain, Protect) is the organization than protects humanity from the supernatural/alien/things that go bump in the night. To contribute your own work, you write a "file" for a particular "incident". The incident is your own creation. As you would expect, some are bad, most are pretty neat, and some are brilliant. There are literally thousands of short stories. Not a good thing to read deep into the night and then try to sleep. Not that I would know. :eek: I didn't know they had animations. The files are better.

Last edited:
Doing last-minute pre-Thanksgiving shopping at a local supermarket in Ashland, Oregon - I encountered a winged female deity from Bali amid the aisles of provisions, staples, and gastronomic oddities. And though my pocketably small GR II isn't as high-ISO capable as its newer sibling, the GRiii - fortunately my Balinese deity held still long enough for this shot.

GRII_Nov25_Flying_Balinese_woman#1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Truly a great photograph, Walter.
Thanks a lot, Miguel, but I've still got enough to learn and when I see the posts that come in I humbly accept where I am.
What fascinates me about all the posts in cameraderie is the special and unique way others see this world around them.
All the posts show a lot about those behind the lens and their individual look at things. Often this is an eye-opener. In some way it's like performing music on stage: you're taking people on a trip to your SELF for a short while.

Back