Daily Challenge Day to Day 179

The Christmas-tree is set up with all the lightings ... the atmosphere will be very different this year.
With death tolls high and still rising numbers of infected our government is debating the maximum number of people who can meet within one family on Christmas. But can you really prevent big families from not meeting and who's going to control this? Much strange and unnecessary noise for nothing, the place for the necessary restrictions lies somewhere else. We need to be alert.
P1026758.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some years ago the term 'Twinkie Defense' was coined by newspaper reporters, to ironically describe the defense attorneys attempt to explain the motivation of the perpetrator of a horrible multiple murder, with the theory that the killer suffered from diminished mental capacity, leading to psychotic depression, all of which had been triggered by a change in his diet when he began eating highly-sugared junk food, aka 'Twinkies'.

A much less dark - and Holiday-themed saying - whose origins I'm uncertain of - is 'the Elf made me do it'. I think whoever was decorating this particular shopwindow, in a small Oregon town, was trying to convey just that: a sense of Christmas humor. But the I-might-really-be-an-Alien-masquerading-as-a-human-being expression on the face of the child mannequin in the same shopwindow - adds wonderfully dark and twisted subtexts to the window--

X30_The_Elf_Made_Me_Do_It#2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Or, at least, that's how I saw it.

Back