Daily Challenge Day to Day 193

Trying to capture our schoolkids' new reality in Corona times with this in-camera double exposure.
PC055213.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The all-important job of installing the frets has begun. A poor fret job can ruin an otherwise nice instrument. I learned that the hard way with my first scratch-built instrument, a 23" scale tenor guitar. It is now my favorite instrument to play, but I had to do a lot of extra work to get it there. I've learned a lot since I built that instrument.

DSCF0422.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The all-important job of installing the frets has begun. A poor fret job can ruin an otherwise nice instrument. I learned that the hard way with my first scratch-built instrument, a 23" scale tenor guitar. It is now my favorite instrument to play, but I had to do a lot of extra work to get it there. I've learned a lot since I built that instrument.

View attachment 242577
A very difficult task indeed. If you're not 100% precise the guitar will never be in tune. And - in contrast to our perception of colours (in wavelength difference) - even a non-musical person can hear if a tone is only a few cents out of tune. Your diligent working on this instrument and above all your patience is highly admirable, Tony. :bowdown:
The headstock of the guitar with your beautiful personalized inlay looks great.

Last edited:

View attachment 242577
Aw, Tony, don't fret. (Someone had to say it.)

Back