Daily Challenge Day to Day 198

This guy is so witty that I ended up following one show after the other till I realized it's one o'clock in the morning and I should be lying in bed sleeping. Thanks a lot for sharing this Matt, I will come back to him from time to time. :2thumbs:

PC135552.1.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Doing the fretwork properly is a tedious process. Once the frets are leveled, they have to be recrowned with a fine tooth file, then polished with increasingly finer grits of sandpaper, beginning about at 150 and ending with 600. They are then polished with a low abrasive metal cleaner. Some videos on YouTube claim the process is simple. It is not.

DSCF3607.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I guess my cultural education is wanting; I've never heard of either Miyazaki or Totoro.
Hayao Miyazaki made these really beautiful movie-length animes. There was a certain delicacy about them that I always found mesmerizing. This is the famous image of Totoro waiting at a bus stop with the young female protagonist. It’s well worth a watch.

I guess my cultural education is wanting; I've never heard of either Miyazaki or Totoro.
Miyazaki has literally inspired generations of both Animators, filmmakers and storytellers - especially creators of stories or fiction for younger children. Without giving anything away, his animated film 'My Neighbor Totoro' is a remarkable film - which features a non-human being, Totoro, who turns out to be surprisingly different from the many stories told about him. The problem is, Miyazaki's films can be addictive: once you start watching them, it's hard to stop... you want to watch more, and more :)

Back