Daily Challenge Day to Day 2

tonyturley

Legend
Name
Tony
Didn't see Day 2, so here goes.

Like many of us, my near vision isn't what it once was, and I struggle sometimes with using a ruler to get accurate markings, often having to erase the marks and retry to get it right. I decided to invest in a small precision ruler that has hundreds of small slots for the pencil tip. Just find the measurement you need, line up the ruler, insert the pencil, and voila!

DSCF0001.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

@tonyturley 🤔
Been warming up with the Raynox 250 on the 2.8/60 macro and some clothes pegs, Tony.
That's what photography is about, isn't it, looking at the world around you from a different angle.
Seeing the beauty in every-day objects or, to hang it a bit lower, changing perspective. ;)

Last edited:
Didn't see Day 2, so here goes.

Like many of us, my near vision isn't what it once was, and I struggle sometimes with using a ruler to get accurate markings, often having to erase the marks and retry to get it right. I decided to invest in a small precision ruler that has hundreds of small slots for the pencil tip. Just find the measurement you need, line up the ruler, insert the pencil, and voila!

View attachment 224703
Thanks again for stepping in - yes, I forgot to prepare the thread yesterday; did think of it, didn't follow through. All good!

M.

Is it possible that the sensor needs cleaning, or are we looking at the mother of all mosquito swarms?

M.
I hadn't noticed the spots before posting and got a PM earlier today. I ran the sensor cleaning and then also carefully cleaned both lenses I was using there. I should test and see if that did the trick or if it's "Buy a cleaning kit" time.

Went for a shot hike which turned into a longer trek along a local nature trail - the Cascade-Siskiyou National Monument - which runs between the Cascade mountains and the Siskiyous - and is also part of the semi-legendary Pacific Crest Trail. The hike was beautiful and arduous. I took a handful of photos along the way - of flora and geological features - this one was my favorite.

GRDii_June2_hiking_Flowers.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back