Daily Challenge Day to Day 213

Name
Matt
Start Date
Dec 30, 2020
End Date
Dec 30, 2020
A complete outlier, but I found this interesting - because alternative technologies had existed for quite some time by 1986 ...

That's the thing with traditions, really ... They develop a live of their own.

On the subject of mining, this was another breakthrough for mining safety - down to human ingenuity, not animal senses this time:

M.

PC265607.1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A frosty winter day - and a glove which someone lost or abandoned--

X30_Glove.jpg

A side-note: the image quality of this oh-so-small-sensored Fujifilm compact continues to surprise me. Shooting with a small-sensored camera requires a slightly different mindset than when I'm using a camera with a larger sensor - but it still ranks as one of the most enjoyable 'compacts' I've ever used.

Last edited:
L2623839.jpg

The shot I thought I was not going to get (Elmar-M 50mm f/2.8 in the dark) ...

Spent too many hours in the car today - on a "noble cause": Taking my M10 to Leica Switzerland for a CLA (together with the Elmarit-M 90mm f/2.8). I hope it'll be worth it.

Unfortunately, I'll have to do something similar tomorrow: Dropping off some colour films for development (and one fat roll to salvaged), but more crucially, stocking up on development chemicals and b&w films for the next couple of months ... (the shop will be closed for the next couple of weeks, or I would have done all this by mail).

M.

Last edited:
A frosty winter day - and a glove which someone lost or abandoned--

View attachment 244241

A side-note: the image quality of this oh-so-small-sensored Fujifilm compact continues to surprise me. Shooting with a small-sensored camera requires a slightly different mindset than when I'm using a camera with a larger sensor - but it still ranks as one of the most enjoyable 'compacts' I've ever used.
The Fuji X10/20/30 were a rare set of cameras that were more that sum of the parts. An elegant design with great build quality and a superb lens. If they made a one inch sensor version or even an upgraded 2/3 I would buy it. I still use it for daily challenges on this forum.

Last edited:
Back