Daily Challenge Day to Day 22

Managed to make it out this morning and was rewarded with a Scrub Jay.
Scrub%20Jay-X2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This short scale steel string guitar project has been dormant for a few months while I've worked on ukuleles. Today I'm going to reboot the project, and try to have it ready by the end of Autumn. The baritone ukulele body in the background lends some scale. The guitar body is only 16.5", compared to around 20" for a full size guitar.

DSCF0067.JPG

While walking, I came across a doe and two fawns. I kept expecting them to bolt, but they were in the middle of the road and, deer-like, didn't know what to do. The mother jumped the wire fence but the fawns couldn't. One stood at the fence before running down the road and other ran back across the road to the woods. I felt bad to have caused this disruption but, as they were in the middle of the road, they had to go one way or the other fairly soon.
deer1.jpg
deer2.jpg

We've been walking as a family like crazy now. Mainly to get the kids outside, get fresh air and get a proper dose of vitamin D! We used to walk at the mall, but now we spend the time to walk throughout Los Angeles, finding little hiking spots around the city. Interestingly enough there are small hiking paths right in residential areas here in LA, completely hidden!

On a side note, I recently picked up a hydration backpack and it's pretty awesome. I can carry a large amount of water and a few small items (like a pocket camera) without ever having to take my backpack off. It doesn't even feel like I'm carry a bag!

50032355086_9b72c6dcf9_h.jpg

Hiking Mt. Washington - Los Angeles, California USA - during the 2020 Global Covid-19 Pandemic.
by Jonathan Friolo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back