Daily Challenge Day to Day 228

P1115833.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

An invasive patch of ivy has grown up around the old cabin that stands near my old farmhouse - and underneath it all, an ancient, rusted and corroded lawn mower has surfaced.

The patterns of rust on its exposed metal remind me of the rings of growth on an old tree trunk.

G1x_Jan14_21_mower_handle.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As a side note, every time I use the tiny Canon G1x Mark iii, I find myself pleasantly surprised, again, by what its sensor + zoom lens (which was 'dissed' by many reviewers as being too 'slow') ... can accomplish.

An invasive patch of ivy has grown up around the old cabin that stands near my old farmhouse - and underneath it all, an ancient, rusted and corroded lawn mower has surfaced.

The patterns of rust on its exposed metal remind me of the rings of growth on an old tree trunk.

View attachment 245945

As a side note, every time I use the tiny Canon G1x Mark iii, I find myself pleasantly surprised, again, by what its sensor + zoom lens (which was 'dissed' by many reviewers as being too 'slow') ... can accomplish.
Since I can't hit "Cool" and "Agree" at the same time, I just want to say that I concur about the G1X III; it may not be the best at anything, but its performance is reliable and results often look very pleasing. Great little shooter!

M.

Back