Daily Challenge Day to Day 229

Name
Matt
Start Date
Jan 15, 2021
End Date
Jan 15, 2021
Fascinating stuff, even though if it had succeeded, it would have served the forces of evil to prolong (or even turn around, which I doubt) the war ...

Anyway, folks, we're only ten days away from our 300th consecutive day of shooting and posting - let's do this! (y)

M.

Fascinating stuff, even though if it had succeeded, it would have served the forces of evil to prolong (or even turn around, which I doubt) the war ...

Anyway, folks, we're only ten days away from our 300th consecutive day of shooting and posting - let's do this! (y)

M.
I used to be heavily involved in radio controlled aircraft. The Ho-229 was an almost impossible aircraft to successfully model. I knew of one guy who built one that flew with two ducted fans with high power electric motors. He was a highly accomplished engineer who designed and built optical equipment for a major research university, and was also a very skilled model aircraft designer, builder, and operator. He said his model of the Ho-229 was very difficult to fly and could bite you fast if you didn't stay two steps ahead. I watched him fly it a few times and it was impressive. Very fast, and highly detailed.

P1115891.3.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Had to drive out to the neighboring Oregon city of Medford today - it used to be a town which was dominated by the logging industry but those days, of rapacious clear-cutting, are thankfully long gone. But here are there, there are still wood-products companies. This was taken next to the railroad tracks, in a moderately industrial district. An overcast day with dark clouds and flashes of winter sun. This photograph barely does justice to the winter light.

PenF_Jan15_21_Medord_Oregon_Industrial.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back