Daily Challenge Day to Day 232

Showing off the newly refretted neck. After many hours of scraping and sanding, the bindings are all cleaned up and the guitar project is ready for final sanding. Hope to have that step completed by the end of the week so I can begin the long finishing process.

DSCF3701.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Since I've been shooting with my Pen F for this month's Single-in-January Challenge, and using almost exclusively some of the Pen F's in-camera jpeg presets, it got me to thinking about some of the in-camera preset jpeg 'styles' of my other cameras. My early morning subject of choice is the rubber zombie head who sits upon one of the bookcases in my writing office; this shot was taken with my Lumix GX8 - using the in-camera 'Dynamic B&W' setting---

GX8_Jan18_21_monochrome_zombie.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And I like the 'look'.

Curiously enough, when one uses this setting on the GX8, the camera automates most everything else - including both choice of aperture (which seems to have been semi arbitrarily set at wide open for this particular zoom lens, or f/2.8) and also selection of shutter speed. Hmmm.....

Since I've been shooting with my Pen F for this month's Single-in-January Challenge, and using almost exclusively some of the Pen F's in-camera jpeg presets, it got me to thinking about some of the in-camera preset jpeg 'styles' of my other cameras. My early morning subject of choice is the rubber zombie head who sits upon one of the bookcases in my writing office; this shot was taken with my Lumix GX8 - using the in-camera 'Dynamic B&W' setting---

View attachment 246415

And I like the 'look'.

Curiously enough, when one uses this setting on the GX8, the camera automates most everything else - including both choice of aperture (which seems to have been semi arbitrarily set at wide open for this particular zoom lens, or f/2.8) and also selection of shutter speed. Hmmm.....
I forgot that the Pen F used those jpeg presets. Obviously, Fuji is all about that.

Back