Daily Challenge Day to Day 25

Sticky-backed sandpaper is attached to the ukulele upper bought, and a wooden ring rubbed against the sandpaper until it fits the profile of the ukulele body. The sandpaper is removed, and the outline of the wood oval is traced onto the body. Once the shape is carefully cut out of the body, the oval ring is glued in place and sanded to the profile of the body, becoming both a decorative and reinforcing ring for a sound port. That will all make more sense when you see the follow-up image.

DSCF0073.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sticky-backed sandpaper is attached to the ukulele upper bought, and a wooden ring rubbed against the sandpaper until it fits the profile of the ukulele body. The sandpaper is removed, and the outline of the wood oval is traced onto the body. Once the shape is carefully cut out of the body, the oval ring is glued in place and sanded to the profile of the body, becoming both a decorative and reinforcing ring for a sound port. That will all make more sense when you see the follow-up image.

View attachment 226712
This round opening gives the player a much better control. When I play the sound goes away from me. I only can hear what a beautiful sound my guitar has when someone else plays it and I sit facing him. And every time I'm surprised again how silky and clear the sound is.

A selfie of me in my new super-cool/nerdy periodic table mask.
View attachment 226722

Okay, Steve, in addition to really liking this photograph - I also have to ask you - where does one acquire a periodic table of elements mask identical to yours? It has to be one of (if not the) coolest pandemic artifacts I have probably ever seen.
Seriously - where did you get yours? and where can I get one, please?

Beau Ties Ltd of Vermont. They make bow ties but began to make masks of the tie material during the pandemic for $12 ea. They are a small company of 27 people and I actually have two masks that match ties I own. The masks are comfortable and have a compartment for a filter. The selection of patterns is most impressive.

Back