Daily Challenge Day to Day 252

The first coat of pore fill has been applied to the guitar's neck and back. A small amount of extra fine pumice stone is rubbed onto a small area of wood. A drop of Tru-Oil is applied to 400 grit Wetordry silicon carbide paper, and the paper is rubbed in a circle over the area with pumice stone. This creates a very fine slurry that fills the pores of the Mahogany. Stop sanding when the paper gets too dry to glide easily over the wood, which usually takes just 10-15 seconds. The excess slurry is removed by wiping across the grain with a piece of well washed linen. This is repeated many times over the wood surface, a few square inches at a time. Allow to cure for 24 hours, then repeat the whole process. Then a third time after another 24 hours. Then the surface will be ready for the final finish coats. The process is repeated for the sides and top. Finishing takes many days!

DSCF3862.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Another day, another walk around town... this time through the downtown area, where on one side of the street, the apocalyptic wildfire several months ago burned everything, and on the other side of the same street, none of the business or buildings were reached or harmed by the flames, and where normal life and 'business as usual' goes on.

I happened to have my infrared-converted Lumix GX1 with me, with the tiny ultra-thin Olympus fisheye pancake lens mounted. I took this photograph on the burned side of the street---

GX1_Feb7_21_Downtown_Talent_OR_burned_zone.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back