Daily Challenge Day to Day 261

P2146160.3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, on the theory that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I got inspired by Steve's 'Eggs in a Mailbox' composition above, so I went outside to examine my mailbox. My initial attempts at framing the interior of the mailbox didn't quite pan out, so I had to alter my perspective a little... until I finally came up with the right angle.

It has a prosaic working title: Dino on top of Mailbox

X30_Feb16_21_Dino_on_mailbox.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Frozen street this morning. Without power for 16 hours now. View attachment 249231
We're so dependent on electric power. Weeks ago we were cut off for half a day. Even the water supplies were stopped because the pump of the water storage in our part of the town was empty and didn't refill. And this morning the radiators in the whole flat were cold. Luckily the oil pump could be restarted before we went freezing. These things show how our civilized world is still a walk on the rezor's edge as long as we depend on fossil fuels.

So true, I have
We're so dependent on electric power. Weeks ago we were cut off for half a day. Even the water supplies were stopped because the pump of the water storage in our part of the town was empty and didn't refill. And this morning the radiators in the whole flat were cold. Luckily the oil pump could be restarted before we went freezing. These things show how our civilized world is still a walk on the rezor's edge as long as we depend on fossil fuels.
So true as has been evidenced by the recent days here in Texas. Even as some got power back other lost it. We went 30+ hours with no power and subfreezing temps. Power came back on about an hour ago, but now the water pressure in the city is too low and everyone is being told to boil water before consumption/bathing!

Last edited:
Back