Daily Challenge Day to Day 265

Name
Matt
Start Date
Feb 20, 2021
End Date
Feb 20, 2021
On this date, in 1472, my favourite Scottish islands - actually turned Scottish!

IMG_0922.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(Forgive me my self-indulgence in this case - it was a fantastic trip!)

The Orkneys and Shetland served as the dowry of princess Margaret of Denmark when she married King James III of Scotland.

And here's one of the more personal videos I've found posted by someone who is actually a National Geographic photographer.

M.

On this date, in 1472, my favourite Scottish islands - actually turned Scottish!

View attachment 249457

(Forgive me my self-indulgence in this case - it was a fantastic trip!)

The Orkneys and Shetland served as the dowry of princess Margaret of Denmark when she married King James III of Scotland.

And here's one of the more personal videos I've found posted by someone who is actually a National Geographic photographer.

M.
I never thought that this small group of Islands has such impressive stone age monuments. And a stone age village that had water toilets and wind-safe streets some thousand years before the Romans. I'm still wondering how they managed to build this stone circle (long before Stonehenge) with their technical means. This trip on the Orkneys in the eighties left me utterly speechless. Yes, it was fantastic !
And I'd say your photo can compete with the National Geographic one, Matt.

Spent the day skiing at Mt. Ashland, perched in the Siskiyou mountains right above the California-Oregon border. Not much time for photography...but I 'grabbed' one shot of the snow-laden trees, with the pocketable GRii---

GRII_Feb20_32_Winter_Trees_Mt_Ashland.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is an SOOC jpeg with Ricoh's Positive Film setting. Guess those Ricoh engineers know a thing or two about colours.

Back